The term borrowed from the military vocabulary indicates a marketing strategy alternative to the traditional one in order to achieve great results with minor investments, through raids “grab and go”.
How it works
The Guerrilla advertising is a form of advertising out of traditional media and performed to meet people in a direct, provocative, surprising way. It reaches the consumer in times and places in which his defenses against the advertisements are lowered. This aspect is hugely effective for communication created by Guerrilla Marketing.
Basic Rules for Guerrilla Marketing
According to TuwiDesign experience and researches here we can sum up some foundamental rules for Guerrilla Marketing communication:
- It works expecially for innovative services or products.
- Find out a original idea that can generate strong feelings
- Encourage the viral effect
- Use teaser to gain curiosity around the idea
- Be present in the community, in forums and blogs to increase awareness of the product
- Be honest and fair, transparency first of all!
- Be clever in your communication
- Use a sharing emotion campaign in order to gain confindence with your target
- Humor: it is important to understand when it is needed and when it is not
- Use of magic and tragic words can help to capture attention
- Be sociable and your reputation will grown exponentially
- Use gimmicks or wisdom to gain share of mind
- Obey the law. If a customer feels you are breaking the laws or harrasing them to buy your product, this could be really worst that a lost sale.
According to the American view, the Guerrilla Marketing is “reaching the traditional marketing objectives through non-conventional, low cost but high emotional impact”. The Guerrilla Marketing is becoming more than ever a non-conventional, highly effective, and quite cheap instrument to develop promotional activities for “small budget”,
or directed to “small communities” and micro-target.
Although Levinson claims that the Guerrilla Marketing is particularly suited to small and medium enterprises, which have generally available budget for marketing content, this kind of marketing is getting more and more important, in fact even today large groups, such as Nike or Sony, make extensive use to promote their products in this way…and in a while.. also Tuwi will do it!
Here below you can find some inspirations for Guerrilla marketing campaigns from the web:
Axe Guerrilla Campaign
Smart Guerrilla campaign
Mini Guerrilla campaign
FedEx street campaign